Welcome to Part 2 of our 7 part Back to School Success series. If you missed Part 1, Clothes click here.
When it comes to school supplies:
1. Take your list and check it twice. Visit your schools web-site to find a list of the supplies you need. Don’t rely on the fact that the store will have a list. I have seen many frustrated parents thumbing through the lists at stores only to find all the lists for their school have been taken.
2. Keep an inventory. Check items off as you pick items up in the store or as you purchase them at different stores. You may think you will remember but it is highly possible that it will all become a blur. Keep the list in your purse or wallet so you have it when you need it.
3. Designate a box, bag, or your child’s backpack to store all the supplies in until the big day. Keep the container in a closet, laundry room or pantry. This will save you from having to search the house for the supplies the night before school starts or before your open house.
4. Label. Use a Sharpie Marker to label your child’s name on his or her supplies, or use adhesive labels. See previous blog posts Free Back to School Labels and Order Back To School Labels Now for where to purchase children’s labels.
5. Dropping off Items. Check your schools web-site to see if your child has an open house or “meet the teacher night”. That is typically the time when you bring your school supplies. If not then have them all ready to go for the first day of school.
Here’s to checking school supplies off your “to do” list!
Copyright (C) 2010 Angela Ploetz, POSH Space www.theposhspace.com.