With higher gas prices and economic uncertainty it is safe to assume that more people are staying home these days. If you are like me, staying home more makes me realize how many home improvements projects I have, including getting organized! So why should you move getting organized to the top of the list this month? Here are five reasons.
- Spending more time at home. I hate to state the obvious, but it is true. If you are staying home more, then you are probably passing those piles of paper over and over again. Your home should be a place that supports you, so take it one pile at a time to make your space a place where you want to be.
- Reduce excess and make a little extra money. A big part of getting organized is clearing out the clutter and excess. Use your excess to make a little extra money. If you have enough stuff have a garage sale. If you have smaller amounts of stuff consider posting items on Craigslist or e-bay.
- The holiday’s are coming, economic downturn or not. Now is the time to start getting your home in order for out of town guests and the whirlwind of activities that come with November and December.
- Take advantage of slower times to get organized. If your work or home life has slowed down then this is the perfect time to get organized. Often times people say they are too busy to get organized. If you are not as busy as you used to be then take advantage of this time to get organized.
- See positive results in your life. Time and time again, I tell people that after working with someone to organize and reduce the clutter in their home or office I hear back from clients who experience big life changes. Clutter can often be holding us back from growing and moving forward and when we release it some people experience results beyond their expectations.
Enjoy the good life,
Copyright (C) 2008 Angela Ploetz, POSH Space www.theposhspace.com.